Monday, July 9, 2018

Week 97 Senri: Miracle Homestretch

皆様、
It has been a week full of transfers and miracles! I am especially grateful for the miracle it is to stay in Senri and serve here for one more Transfer. Me and my new companion, Elder Trevisan, have already seen so many miracles and are excited to see big progress with this area, the members and all of the wonderful people that we have the privilege to teach. Trevisan Choro has been out for about a year and is from Italy 🇮🇹 in a town near Venice called Udine. He has been making me some way delicious pastas and is saying that we will have to make Pizza of the motherland one of these times. I am way excited to work with him and also to learn a little Italian. We are really going to try to focus on Unity this transfer, as a companionship and as a Zone. 

I am so excited for MLC and Zone Conference which are coming up this week. I have a stronger desire than ever to work with all of my Heart, Might, Mind and Strength in order to be a tool in the Lord’s hands to bless as many people around me as possible. I look forward to receiving guidance and revelation for the Zone and for the friends that we are teaching and leading unto Christ this week.

The other day we had a really amazing experience with one of the people we have been teaching who has a baptismal date but just doesn’t want to go to church. We told him that if we first study it out in our mind and heart and then ask God with real intent whether or not it is right for him to go to church and be baptized then God will cause our hearts to burn to tell us that it is right or he will give us a stupor of thought if it is wrong (D&C 9:8-9). We spent the lesson studying it out through scriptures and lists of pros and cons and concerns and then finally we knelt down to ask our Heavenly Father for direction. Before we began to pray we asked our friend if he believed that God can answer our prayer right then, and he answered at first hesitant but then finished with a confident “Yes, I will choose to believe this time” and so we bowed our head and asked Father in Heaven if he should go to church and be baptized or if he should not. The Spirit answered our prayers and afterwards he described how he and all of us felt during the prayer. He said that when we asked about being baptized and going to church and paused that inside his chest he felt it a warmth and a calm and he started to feel really excited, and then when we asked if he should not be baptized he said that that feeling immediately left. He told us that it was the first time that he has ever felt something as he prayed and that he now understood what it means to feel the Spirit. He is now committed to come to church and be Baptized. And because of his experience with prayer he has become more converted to the reality of God and the truthfulness of His Gospel. It made me reflect a lot and think about how we are not just trying to get these children of God baptized, but we are helping them to be converted to Christ and desire to be baptized. We teach repentance and Baptize Converts. I am so grateful for this experience and for the Lord helping me to deepen my Conversion. I love my mission so much and I promise that I will serve my Father in Heaven for the rest of my life. I hope that you all have great weeks this week filled with miracles and tender mercies.
頑張りましょう!
Elder Allred

Me and my new Companion Elder Trevisan!








No comments:

Post a Comment