this lAst week went by so fast, i feeL like it was yesterday that i was sending my last email. maybe it is because i have been so excited because i got my fLight plans! it is so awesome! i can't believe it is already time fOr me to leave the mtc because i still can't speak japanese! jUst the oTher day i meant to ask an investigator how their english classes were going, but i instead asked him how his english crows were doing. well it's definitely going to be an adventure. also this week i decided that i am going to start acting like a WARrior in god's army. i went back through the war chapters in the book of mormon and found all of the quAlities of the army of the nephites when God was on their side, And i have decIded that i am going to be like them. it turNs out that being a mighty warrior in the nephite army is a lot like being a succeSsful missionary of god. so i am puTting on the full armor of god from now on. and i am going forth to battle with courage and might. i know that the lord will help us in the battles in our lives when we go forward in faith, and when we keep his commandments. like it says in d&c 35:13-14 it doesn't matter how big or small or strong or weak we may feel becauSe the lord shall be our arm and our shield, and we will fight manfully for him, and our enemies will fall before us. i know that the lord is at the head of the work. he is our ultImate commander and he will not let us fall.
i wish all of you the best of weeks and an amazing geNeral conference weekend!
|Here are some pictures of my zone|
|And my glasses on the statue in the MTC courtyard|
A LITTLE MORE… Here are the qualities of those warriors as Braden (Elder Allred) relayed them to us in his family letter:
I made a list of the qualities of the people of Nephi during the war chapters that made them successful. Here is what I've got:
The qualities of a mighty warrior of God
- (Alma 48:11-18) Be strong and mighty. Gain a perfect understanding. Have joy in the liberty of you fellow men. Let you heart swell with thanksgiving to your God for the many privileges and blessing which he has bestowed upon you. Labor exceedingly for the welfare and safety of your fellow men. Have a firm faith in Christ. Defend your fellow men, and your rights, and your country, and your religion, with all your heart. Never give offense, or be the one to start a conflict. Have faith that God will defend you. Be faithful in keeping the commandments of God. Know that God will guide you, and follow his guidance. Resist iniquity. Be a man of God.
- (Alma 48:7-9) Fortify your weaknesses. (See Ether 12:27)
- (Alma 51:17) Pull down your pride and your nobility and level them with the earth.
- (Alma 53:20-21) Be exceedingly valiant for courage, and for strength and activity. Be true at all times in whatsoever thing you are entrusted. Be a man of truth and soberness. Walk uprightly before God.
- (Alma 55:31) Be quick to remember the Lord your God.
- (Alma 46-48, 56) Go forth and know that the Lord will not let you fall. Do not fear death. Listen to your mothers. Do not doubt, for God will deliver you. Fight with the strength of God.
- (Alma 57:21,27) Obey, and observe to perform every word of command with exactness. Let your minds be firm and put your trust in the Lord continually.
- (Alma 58:40) Be strict to remember the Lord your God everyday. Observe to keep his statutes, and his judgements, and his commandments continually. Strengthen your faith in the prophesies concerning that which is to come.
- (Alma 60:36) Seek not for power, but to pull it down. Seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of your God, and for the freedom and welfare of your fellow men.
I've been trying to be more like them because all of these qualities are also great qualities of a missionary of God.
I just love that kid!! - the Mom