Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Week 89 Senri: Transfers are Coming

Hey Everyone,
It has been another fantastic week in Senri! We did a 30 30 English/Gospel program at a member’s house with his friend and it went so great. We taught him the restoration and the member bore his own powerful testimony and in the end the friend told us that he feels that the message of the restoration is true, and wants to be baptized and follow Jesus Christ. We weren’t however able to set a date because of his busy schedule and his father who might be opposed to him joining, but we definitely look forward to working more with him and his member friend. We also had a second appointment with a member and their son who just got in a divorce. We talked with the son about how God is his Father in Heaven and can help him when he is down. We talked about Baptism and how it is being born again as a fresh start with Christ as his Savior and the Center of his life, and he told us that that is what he wanted. We did set a date with him and have made a plan to teach him the lessons before that date. He also told us that he would come to church each week so that he can learn more and prepare himself for Baptism. His mother was so happy that he had made that decision and told us afterwards that she had been praying for her son for many years. It was such a powerful and Spiritual experience to see the Joy of the Mother and the Hope of the son as they were united by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We look forward to continuing to work with these great Children of God as they make steps and commitments to come unto Christ. I have been so grateful to have been able to see so many miracles here with these members in Senri. I am grateful for the Love that I have been filled with as we teach and testify and invite as many people as we can to come unto Christ. I can feel what Yamashita Choro of the seventy said about making eternal friendships with those of whom we teach and serve. I feel such a connection to everyone we are working with here and I can’t wait for the day where we can see them enter the waters of Baptism and receive the immense Joy of this Gospel.

I have been so grateful for the miracle it has been to work here in Senri. We are working with the Ward to get several things started that will only add to the miracles. With transfer calls coming up I am hoping with all my heart that I can stay here in Senri to see the fruits of the so many things that we have seen get started. Next transfer we are scheduled to see 5 amazing investigators with such sincere desires receive the ordinances of Baptism and Confirmation and there are 2 or 3 others who are very close to making that same commitment, but ultimately I understand that Christ is at the head of this work and I will go where He wants me to go. I know that he has a plan for this mission and the people here in this area and for me, and if it is to stay I will gladly stay, and if it is to go I will willingly go. I love this work and the Mercies of our God. I can’t wait to see what this next week has in store. I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Elder Allred

Our musical number at District Meeting




No comments:

Post a Comment