Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 76 Sennan: インフルエンザ

Hey, Everyone!
It's been another week of adventure as a missionary here in Sennan with Elder Cotterall. We have been working really hard to meet with our investigators more often but they are all getting sick. I swear pretty much every lesson we schedule ends with them texting us the day of and saying that they caught the flu. It is terrifying how much the flu is spreading this year. Me and Elder Cotterally have been way scared one of us is going to catch it, but it's a good thing that as missionaries our immune systems are extra strong.

We also were visited by Sister Bonnie Oscarson and Sister Ubank this week as a mission. We went to their conference and learned a ton of really powerful things. I really liked what she taught us about how God works through ordinary people to do extraordinary things. She shared the scripture Alma 37:6-7,

6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. 7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

There are so many times when I feel very small, and like I can't do the things that missionaries are supposed to be able to do. But the thing that brings me peace is that God is doing exactly what He intends to and that my job is to just be as obedient and diligent and willing to follow His will as I can. I know that though what I can do on my own is small, with Christ by my side I can do all things, and in order to walk with Christ we but have to Follow His Gospel which is a Gospel of Complete Joy. Well I hope that you all are surviving the winter and enjoying life. Have a great week!

愛してますよ!

Elder Allred

We talked to a man on the train who had Krispy Kreme! (apparently
there is one in Osaka) and after talking and telling him who we are
and what we do he gave us some! #blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment