Sunday, January 21, 2018

Week 71 Sennan: あけましておめでとうございます!



あけましておめでとうございます!

Wow, I cannot believe that another year has passed by and that it is already 2018. My mind is blown at how quickly the number of transfers I have been out is rising. I read in my journal the other day about what I was doing this time of year last year and it was crazy to see how the difference in how much I knew language wise and Gospel wise. I was humbled to see how even though I was very scared and nervous at that time, the Lord was shaping me into the missionary I am here today one year later, and I know that he is yet shaping me to grow and progress and repent so that I can come to rely on him more each day. I love my mission so much and I cannot express enough how grateful I am for the places I have served, the companions I have had, the friends I have made, the language mess-ups I have performed, the trials I have faced, the prayers that have been answered, the miracles that have been seen, and most of all the Love that has been felt, from the Lord, towards the Lord, and towards others. I have realized that the more I learn the more I realized that I can't do this on my own. It is not me who performs this work. My responsibility is but to allow our Heavenly Father to work through me by being obedient and seeking His will. I have been blessed to work among so many incredible examples of love, leadership and diligence and I hope that this next year I can continue to rid myself of pride and humble myself ever further before my Savior and King.

It was a great week and we were able to meet with one our investigators several times and have some great lessons. He is progressing so fast and I really hope that he receives an answer to his prayers soon and decides to be baptized and follow Christ. We also met a couple cool new potential investigators. One of which was a high school kid who's name is 海風 which literally means Ocean wind. He is pretty cool. He is a High School kid who lives alone as a 16 year old. When we saw him he was dressed from head to toe in red, including his hair. You can imagine how I approached him. I called out to him and said, "Whoa, you are all red! I am also Allred." He then looked at my red and black jacket and said, "No, you are half red." We laughed and started a conversation. He told me how his favorite color is red and laughed when I told him mine was green. We talked about questions of the soul and finding direction in life through Christ and he gave us his contact information and said that he would be interested in meeting again. It was a fun contact, and I look forward to meeting him again. We met many more cool people this last week too. It is so fun being able to meet so many different people who have never thought or cared about Christ, and then getting the opportunity to be the first person to tell them how important He is in their life, and how He is their Savior. Being a missionary is the best. I can't wait to continue to be one going into 2018. I love you all and hope that you have the greatest year of your life this year. Make it the best.
 
良いお年を!
Elder Allred

New Years Dinner with Hasegawa Kyoudai

Christmas KFC

More Pictures from the Christmas Party


 



No comments:

Post a Comment