Thursday, May 3, 2018

Week 86 Senri: The Father of Contention

My Family and Friends,
This last week was another great one, filled with awesomeness and
miracles galore! We are getting really close with a lot of our
investigators to commit to follow Christ and be Baptized. We have been
so blessed with such great investigators these last couple transfers.
We are also continuing the Book of Mormon Challenge strong and have
given out about 30 Book of Mormons these last few weeks. We had
another funny experience with it the other day too. We stopped a guy
at the park and told him we could answer any of his questions with the
Book of Mormon he struggled to think of a question that he had but
finally asked us, “The other day I offered a friend sigarettes and he
accepted them, and then the next day I offered him some more and he
said no. Why?”... We were way confused and we tried really hard to
figure out exactly what he wanted to know but in the end just found
out that he was drunk. He expressed to us that he was angry at his
friend and asked us what he should do so we shared 3 Nephi 11:29-30:

29 For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of
contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of
contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with
anger, one with another.
30 Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with
anger, one against another; but this is my doctrine, that such things
should be done away.

He looked at this scripture and then pointed to the first part and
said very slowly, “I am not the Devil,” he then moved his finger down
the verse and continued, “I am the Father of Contention.” And then he
nodded as if he had made his point and sat staring at us. We, not
knowing what to do, explained the importance of avoiding anger and
then gave him the Book of Mormon. He accepted it and told us that he
would read it. It was definitely the strangest contact of the week.
But me and Elder Dayley are both pretty proud that we placed a Book of
Mormon with the Father of Contention this week. We will pray for that
man.

Well things are going great here in Senri. The ward is so amazing and
I love the members. I hope that I stay in this area for the rest of my
mission because I can’t imagine a better place to finish strong and be
surrounded with people that I have grown to love so much. I hope you
all have a great week. Love you all!

Elder Allred

YSA Activity. Both of the people I am touching are our investigators and then my New Companion Elder Dayley is in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment